Friday, May 28, 2010

Who wants to live to be 1000 years old?

Photobucket

I was just at my friends house lying on his couch one day. While he was in the middle of playing an intense game of NHL 10 online I noticed lying on his table was the newest GQ magazine of that month. I picked it up and started flipping through the pages and noticed a very interesting article. The article was on the guy in the picture right above. His name Aubrey David Nicholas Jasper de Grey, also known as Aubrey De Grey. He is a doctor and theoretician in the field of gerontology which is the study of the social, psychological and biological aspects of aging. In other words he studies why we age.


I was intrigued as soon as I read that he thought the first human that could live up to be 1000 years old could be alive today. He talked about how everybody trying to cure all types of diseases but nobody has really tackled the biggest disease of them all. Which according to him death is a disease that humans have just gotten accustomed to. He says that human die off way too young and he wants to change that. Since he can explain it better than me I'll let him take over the rest of this article. If you're interested in learning more just watch the video below me.

No comments:

I know it's easy to imagine but its easier to just to "do" If you can't "do" what you imagine then what is imagination to you? Just a waste of space in your brain- Kid Cudi
free web page counters

all the old shit you want to see